Saturday 31 March 2012

:: Collections # 3


I spied these beauties and pounced!
I'm amazed how in a seconds shop, it can be busy with people and yet these finds are still up for the taking!

I'm loving my new sweet West German piece to add to my collection, now boasting three!

I'm hoping this antler was ethically found? 
I hope to draw it some day!
Honey Pot? or Maple Syrup? I love the Art Deco lines.
Why aren't our daily kitchen wares today, been given this much thought to form and function?

I suppose that's our collective reason to revere the pasts design offerings because we will no longer be fooled by shoddy design, manufacture and material use!

I love Vintage/Retro/Mid Century!




:P

6 comments:

  1. cute blog! am your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, same too you, I'm you newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too Pippa.
    And that cheap, shoddy mass procduced stuff you refer to, isn't cheap either...on the rare occasions I visit Ikea (for example) I'm shocked at the prices. Sometimes I wonder if it's just me who feels this way, because there is always the most massive queues at the check outs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so pretty. I love the new west German piece. I also wonder often why items produced today have no style or soul.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to make your heart skip! G. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Still skipping thanks G, what is it about West German Pottery that is so lovely?

    Style and soul is where we come in Dana, still teaching and sharing our passion! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.