Sunday 13 January 2013

Flamingo's, Tonka Trucks, Martini's and Violet!




Meet Joanie and Chauchi, the new residents of the ouch flower garden bed! (named by Brismod on instagram)





 And here is my resident landscape designer and river pebble curator, most of all the large river pebbles have been expertly placed by this clever little soul!


This has been a lovely joint project to do together.
This was once a forgotten part of the garden, featuring a sad lavender and a location of a cat toilet but now we have placed all the succulents from their pots into the bed and re-purposed the volcanic rock and river pebbles found from around the garden.

Low cost and maximum impact!








 This is the box that the Flamingo's came in! 
I had to show you, how cool?



..... and a nice summer cocktail recipe for you all to make and enjoy!



It wouldn't be a post without some new crafty business!
Here's a new tassel colour, Violet! 
What do you think?
Should I pop it in the shop?




:Pippa

14 comments:

  1. Definitely put the tassel in the shop. Violet: could be the new black.

    When we were at the beach over Christmas, I was amazed by the amount of pebbles washed ashore. I prefer them to shells. I collected quite a haul and have thrown them in my various pots. Your garden looks really cute and I think it's perfect for this heat. I like keeping cool boxes too, but there comes a point when I think ... Why have I so many boxes?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the Violet!
      I too have pebbles and shells,even an urchin in my plant pots as well....those kids!

      Have you read the book 'my cat likes boxes'?
      I'm thinking a box collage might be the answer!

      Delete
  2. The new garden spot looks amazing, and The Boy is so handsome and adorable! I love the new violet tassel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana, he's is alright ;0

      Will the 'Pad' have a landscaping plan too?

      Ok!... the violet tassel is going in the shop! :)

      Delete
  3. Love Joanie and Chauchi! I may be hopping on this flamingo bandwagon after reading this. It's funny how small jobs like can transform a space. Cool tassel too. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picked them up at Lark online, you won't regret it! We are all enjoying doing reno's here at ouch central, a small taste of what you get up too! It's very addictive and satisfying! We constantly say 'why didn't we do this sooner'?

      Delete
  4. Everything looks gorgeous!! The garden, the tassel, the flamingos (box included) and, last but not least, your sweet little gardener!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having fun, there is more to come too! We have to keep the little Gardener busy!

      Delete
  5. good landscapers are so hard to come by...what are his rates like?....id be a mighty happy flamingo if I lived there!.
    Allison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The going rates are strawberry jam on crumpets, peppa pig and a book, can you accommodate these rates and I'll send him over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your garden "ROCKS"! Seriously... I just love succulents and rocks together. They always looks so hip and cool. How lucky are you to have such a willing helper. He's putting together a work of art and I love his shiny blue boots. He looks like he's having a great time doing it, too. The flamingos add a perfect touch of color and whimsey. I LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh shucks...thanks for popping by Stacey. Your a kindred spirit! :)

      Delete
  8. Ha! Ha! We have some of those flamingos stalking our garden too! They have faded in the last three summers but I love the way they hang about making the garden a bit of a surprise to the unsuspecting.

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.